Death to AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24451&ATVAR_START=21&p=2

An insider today confirmed that NVIDIA has no plans to offer an AGP version of the 7800 GTX currently, but it all depends on the demand. The reason is not because the 7800 GTX couldn't be ported over to the AGP standard architecturally, but NVIDIA just doesn't see the demand anymore. But if users are persuading enough, NVIDIA and its board partners would have no problems offering an AGP counterpart to the PCIe version.

That's retarted

I was planning on upgrading, but maybee ATI will be smart enough to have an AGP version

It is retarted, as only a very small percentage of ppl have made the PCIE jump. In a year or so, I would understand, but not now.

Though an AGP version would be more expensive because they would need a bridge chip

it was like Intel and AMD making those new slot for their new CPU

of course ATI and NVIDIA will follow suit... not surprise at all.

but of course from a customer's perspective, it SUCKS!

from now on, all new cards are gonna be pci-e only. look at it from a company's perspective. most of the people that would buy an expensive card like a 7800gtx are computer enthusiasts, and therefore have mostly up-to-date parts, which would include pci-e. i'll bet that most people looking at getting this card or the r520 (whenever it comes out) already have pci-e on their pc's, or are in the process of upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom