Building A New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

s17ence

Baseband Member
Hi there. I've been wanting to build another PC for a long while and I finally have the chance. Last time "I" built a PC, the budget was about $700. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an awesome computer, but now I have more money to spend and would like to make an ever better one. 'I' is in quotes up there because I did build the PC, but I also had some help along the way which choosing the parts and whatnot for it. I've been searching around newegg for a few days and I'm sort of in the dark as to what parts to choose. Below all this I'll list components I would like to get for my new PC. If anyone could share their opinion with me about what I have selected, please feel free to. I would just like to know if these will work good together, or if I need to select different parts. And by the way, this will mostly be for gaming:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Ultra-939

Case: Thermaltake Soprano (Black)

Card: eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice

RAM: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB)

HD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD3000JD 300GB

Burner: LITE-ON Black DVD Burner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed the case and hd. will the included 430psu be able to handle everything?

No power supply?

Why an IDE hard drive when you have SATA capability on that motherboard?

sorry, didn't think of searching. i was just worried about making my own post. nonetheless, i would still like some opinions on what i have listed up there. should i change any of the parts or are they good together?

Why that ram? Do you plan on ocing? the Gig doesn't give enough voltage if i'm correct.

Also I like NEC better.

Trotter said:
No power supply?

Why an IDE hard drive when you have SATA capability on that motherboard?

It's like red vs blue. IDE and SATA are just as fast, and the same price. However SATA have better cables.

so the ram was my only problem? i changed to corsair. still any compatability issues?

No compatability issues that I can see. What OS are you placing on this machine?

Does it require you spend the extra money on a 64bit processor when you might only put XP home/pro on it that is 32bit? Just food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom