zalman 7700 cu vs fx55 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i went out and bought a zalman 7700 today and i hooked it up and all but i dont notice any temp differances really. i know this is solid copper instead of amd's aluminum stock thing but is it really any better? i have the fan all the way up and i still se almost no differance maybe 1 or 2 degrees celcius.

are you using arctic silver 5 thermal paste?

you mighta applied the thermal paste wronG?

ya im using as5 but i dont know if i put enough on i dont really know how to do it well when it comes to thermal paste :(

Put a small grain of the paste in the middle of the core, put the heatsink on, rotate one degree and secure. It'll take a couple days to set in.

hmm well how would i know if its enough? i was told to spread it out with a plastic bag or such...i knew it took a while to set but i figured i should still see a differance...

well I hope yours cools better then mine, I didnt get the as5 sadly I got the artic ceramic with the zalman 7700 by mistake but my cpu temp at idle is 42 celcius and at load it jumps from 52 to 60 at times(while in an ac room of 77 degrees). Im thinking of getting the thermalright xp90c since Ive heard fo much better cooling with it. Anyways good luck with your cooling

well this blows i sure am glad i have like a 7 day tryout warrenty so i can take it back:|

how can something so big and solid copper be crappy though its strange i was getting just as good temps as this with the stock hsf :| and thats aluminum with a copper base and a few heatpipes.

Thats weird dude. My XP-120 helped a bunch. Granted I don't like Zalman but it should at least give you some change in temps...

Reaply the paste again I guess, that or Asus's temp readings suck balls.

nah i tried it with my own meter too i just got it today so ill take it back tomorrow it was just sorta temporarry anyway till i get my watercooling so its not to bad i guess =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom