Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no Juice Daddy. The sidebar doesn't blend in with the bottom bar as good as it should compaired to the true longhorn and there is no icon to hide the sidebar on the lower task bar in this transformation pack. Also the quick luanch icons do not have the "blocks" around them in the real longhorn. But the start menu and program menus look ligit as well as the theme when you go to close or resize it looks ligit. Alot of work went into skinning but thats all it is it is not integrated as well as the real thing and there are some minor flaws that I pointed out.

Tyler1989 said:
lets see if buggy slows down your computer then it is buggy. Buggy means it is bad code and it slows down your PC correct me if I am wrong. I run both XP and Longhorn, XP loads slower with the transformation pack than my longhorn partition!

I hate to bust your bubble, but this statement is a flat out lie. I have longhorn and xp. I have a 64bit amd 3500 processor with a gig of ram in dual channel.

longhorn has always to a long time to load. and it takes twice as long as XP with the tranformation pack

That statment is not a flat out lie FOR MY COMPUTER perhaps you have not configured longhorn correctly I don't know but do not acuse me of telling a lie when you have no base. All computers are different and mine is very crappy and old. Longhorn does not take long to load nore does XP with the transformation pack but it is noticable that Longhorn is faster. It also greatly depends on the longhorn revision rember 4047 has many features and 5048 has many themes taken out to improve speed for developers. You said you have 4047 and 5043 so do not be so fast to judge and oppose me at everyend. I'm sure there is a common solution to why it is slow for you.

I have both version 4074 and 5043. they both take a long time to boot straight out the box

Eric you just trapped yourself.... Stop trying to attack me where ever I go

Longhorn 4047 had many extra skins and features that would slow any system on load up. 5043-5048 were purposely cut down to make loading faster for developers in a critical envirorment. 5043-5048 should load much faster than 4074 on any system due to this. If you are saying both are slow and take forever to load with no difference then I am begining to think you are only out there to disagree with me. Back off please don't like my views but me on the ignored user list but this is getting old.

oook that took a turn for the worst...

I went to install it and had a corupted download. I am using litestep shell right now and like the skin I have for it so may not even bother with the trans pack. Guess I will wait for more reviews.

Tyler1989 said:
Eric you just trapped yourself.... Stop trying to attack me where ever I go

Longhorn 4047 had many extra skins and features that would slow any system on load up. 5043-5048 were purposely cut down to make loading faster for developers in a critical envirorment. 5043-5048 should load much faster than 4074 on any system due to this. If you are saying both are slow and take forever to load with no difference then I am begining to think you are only out there to disagree with me. Back off please don't like my views but me on the ignored user list but this is getting old.

there is no personal attack but you are obviously lying to prove a point . longhorn has never booted up faster than xp.

Did it ever cross your mind that his computer could act differently than yours under the same circumstances? If you truely know as much about computers as you claim than you would know that all computer act differently even under the same situations. And who are you to tell who is lying and who isn't. Let it go!!!

dumdum8684 said:
Did it ever cross your mind that his computer could act differently than yours under the same circumstances? If you truely know as much about computers as you claim than you would know that all computer act differently even under the same situations. And who are you to tell who is lying and who isn't. Let it go!!!

I fix computers for a living. so I have accessed hundreds of computers. putting that aside , longhorn 4074 (I don't know what tyler keep talking about 4047) leaks way too much memory besides being a resource hog and it was an improvement on 5043. this is a fact that everybody knows and it is not tyler's opinion. this is the main reason that MS is not including WinFS on it now. because it just don't work, right now. it is on tyler version too. I stripped it out of mine along with some other unneeded features. so my already superfast computer should run faster than his because he doesn't even recognize these issues.

in case you haven't notice tyler is trying to promote longhorn and in his eyes, it is the greatest thing on earth. so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt because he is bias. I like longhorn look,but the fact of the matter is, it has too many issues now

dumdum8684 said:
Let it go!!!

then you need to shut up and mind your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom