Who else thinks the jigsaw sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
Who else thinks the jigsaw sucks?

Maybe I am just blowing some steam cause I was working on the sides of my new build and the jigsaw just ripped through the aluminum and messed up one of my sides. I am about to head to the store and pick up some dremel blades, is the dremel alot easier for cutting aluminum? It seems to be since you have a lot more control in my opinion, anyone else have an opinion, dremel vs jigsaw?

Dremel for aluminum, jigsaw for steele. A dremel isnt really strong enough to cut steel without messing it up, and a jigsaw is a little too strong to cut aliuminum without messing it up. Use the dremel.

My dremel can cut thru steel fine, even hardened steel locks are easy.

I use a jigsaw personally

Dremel for aluminum, jigsaw for steele. A dremel isnt really strong enough to cut steel without messing it up, and a jigsaw is a little too strong to cut aliuminum without messing it up. Use the dremel.
First time I think I've agreed with a whole post of yours :p

My dremel can cut thru steel fine, even hardened steel locks are easy.
Why is it....even though you have the same hardware as someone elses yours always seems to 'magically' perform better.....even your eyes fall into this category....

Cutting my thermaltake steel case with a dremel is a pain in the ass....it CAN do it, but it's a much slower process than using a jigsaw.. The thinner dremel blades will go through it easier because of less material to cut, however, thinner blades of course = more prone to breaking off.....the fiber glass reinforced cutting wheel goes through the steel pretty slowly, but yes it will cut it....

but like him said, with aluminum a dremel will cut through it like BUTTAH...a jigsaw will simply make it want to bounce too much and grab onto the aluminum and warp it all to hell....I had a previous mid-tower case in which I found this out because I didn't have a dremel at the time :p

Of course now I just got an air compressor for my dad which works out for me because they got $10 cutting wheels at the local hardware store, so it'll be easy to thrash this TT steel side panel

Yea the jig riped my alumium pretty bad, then ended up cracking it some how, but I just got the blades now so I am gonna try it out tomorrow, wish my luck.

Soon soon, it has been a while since I worked on it, I just got the PSU and motherboard tray for it so I can start cutting the back side, hopefully tomorrow I will have some more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom