Oc Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
LOOK at y sig i overclocked from 3.0 to a 3.3 does that mean i get the same performance as if i went out and bought a 3.3? i know they prolly dont sell them ut u get the drift

You overclocked your CPU by 300MHz, but you dont know if it will operate the same as a CPU direct from the store clocked at 3.3ghz? And you did that on an ECS board with stock cooling? Something aint right.

To answer your question, yes. An OCed 3.3 will operate the same as a cpu from the satore at 3.3, if it is adequately cooled that is.

If it's not throtling down due to heat

Your 3.0 OC'ed to 3.3 will peform better than a "3.3" ghz CPU because your FSB is higher, making EVERYTHING run faster

i have gotten this cput to 3.5ghz befor but that was when it was in the winter and in my finished basement. My mother board thinks my cpu is always running at 3.0 but cpuz says it is running at 3300.3mhz

Your whole system is probably running at a higher performance than if you were using a 3.3Ghz Intel. That's because you've raised the FSB (I assume) so your memory is also running faster.

Edit: Oh Chris already said that.

i also have a question about my memory i have corsair ddr2 at 533MHZ but cpuz says its only like 266MHZ.whats up?? its running dual channel

DDR stands for Double Data Rate. it takes what you have, 2666, but delivers it twice as fast. Henceforth, achieving the 533. it is like that on any DDR memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom