computer starts messing up after exactly 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
ok here we go again.i have been having the reoccuring problem of my custom built computer going into power save mode.i will be playing a game or just messing around on the computer and the screen will turn black and say"no imput signal going to power save".the thing that struck me odd was that when i rebooted the computer the most recent time, wrote on the calender what time is was on that day(12:40 AM on June 16)and the first time the computer started to begin the problem was on(12:49 Am June 23)if you look at your calender that is one week 9 min.that just seems odd to me.i have tried everything to fix it.all my components have the latest drivers and nothing is overheating.here are my comp specs:

Asus p5p800 mobo
p4 2.8Ghz
BFG 6800 OC video card
80GB Hard Drive
1GB of ram
480W Power supply

also if i took the lithium battery out of the mobo and put it back in could that possible fix it??

how do you reset your bios i can't figure it out

turn on the comp and press del, F2, F10, or if those don't work then try other F keys

by pressing one of the keys your bios should open, navagate it and find something that says defaults, reset to defaults, load defaults, or something along those lines... then do that and exit saveing changes...

Yep...Cmos reset is called for. Take out the mobo battery. Wait 2 minutes.(put the batt back in)reboot. Hit del. after the cmos loads juts hit f10 and restart...problem should go away. (maybe):)

ok im going to try this but how could this be a cmos prob.i was just putting out ideas but ill do it tonight

More than 2 minutes, 15 minutes at a mimumum to clear it. You will know it's cleared because your BIOS will read the incorrect time.

It's defiantly a problem with the video card or motherboard however.

it did start doing it after i put a new bfg 6800 oc in the computer but i have new drivers and everything for it
in my mobo book it says that im suppose to move a jumper to another set of pins for it to reset.so i take the battery out, move the jumper over and let it set for like 15 min?

Don't worry about the jumper, it's quicker but some people cannot grasp that concept

The first thing I would blame is your card, and BFG have a nice easy simple warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom