Video Card Problem: GeForce 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

illippinno

Baseband Member
I have the GeForce 4 MX 440 model from XFX, and I'm now just having trouble with it after 5 months of having the thing. Here's what happened:

I decided to reformat my drive because it's been acting up lately, and quite honestly, theres been a big pile up of junk in my drive. So, I reformat, no big deal. Install all drivers, audio, mobo, etc. not a problem. Then I install the video card driver from the CD it came with. Uh oh. Problems occured.

After it restarts, the video drivers shows unstability. Error messages saying my video drivers at fault. My monitor flickers, twice to three times before my PC shuts down automatically and restarts. Once the pc boots, it does the same thing after maybe 5 minutes of flawless runtime. Within that 5 minutes, I'm able to uninstall the drivers, and everything works fine (except for some choppiness here and there with the lack of drivers...blah).

So here I am venting about my problem. Any ideas what's the cause of all this? Could it be a faulty video card because it won't accept the drivers? I tried downloading up to date drives from xfxforce.com and it doesn't work either. Same problems, same results. I'm about to give up!!

My next choice would be to either get the GeForce FX 5200 128 mb or the ATI Radeon 9600 128 mb card. Any suggestions on either one of the two? Any comments or knowledge of their graphics quality?

How about the ATI Radeon 9200? Still good? I know it's a step down from 9600, but would it suffice?

The 53.03 drivers are the current latest certified (Win2K/XP). Try seeing if there is any improvement there.

I prefer the Radeon 9600/9600 Pro if you want to get a next card.

The 9200 doesn't have too much of a significant performance difference over your current card.

Martin said:
I prefer the Radeon 9600/9600 Pro if you want to get a next card.

I noticed theres also a Radeon 9600 SE. Any difference between SE and the regular? I noticed the SE was cheaper than the regular 9600. Any reasons why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom