Hard drive issues ( again )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
I had a thread about this a few weeks back.

Anyways, it happened again. I think battlefield 2 is playing a major role in screwing up my hardrive. Last time it happened, when installing the demo, it did the same thing and was messed up for about a day, then the next day I booted it up just fine.

Now I have a slightly larger problem here, after installing the game, which went smoothly, it asks for the computer to be shut down. After doing so, My computer does not start up right, but instead, It gives me this messege.

"Problem with hardrive detected. Please contact your user manual for more information"

"press enter to continue"

Then it takes me to a gateway symbol, with a messege saying "press f4 to continue" after pressing f4 a thousand times, nothing appears to happen, I waited three hours for it to do something, nope, nada.
And about the user manual, doesn't tell me squat about my problem.

I really want my pc to run again, I really do.

All opinions and/or advice is welcome.

PLEASE HELP!

you updated your Mobo drivers? they usually give all kind of hardware issues.

If not you could try updating your BIOS..... but its a bit risky.

It's confusing...windows xp? What does this game demand of your hard disk that would require cmos or hd profile issues to change in windows? That's where you must begin. Seems strange to me that any game would operate with hard drive paramenter changes necessary. You've got pleny of ram and a geat video card! ??????? The f4 is a hardware conlfict bypass for yo mobo cmos configuration. ???? very strange.

The game isn't even that demanding. I have 1gb corsair ram, 9800 pro card, and a 2.2 NW p4 processor. How do i update my drivers now that my comp wont even go to windows?

The demo did this to my pc before, but it only lasted a short while.

this is very strange indeed

Hmmmmmm........del/f2 into the Cmos and make sure all is well. If xp still won't load up......you might try a repair and check out what is going on in bot.ini file or, shot the current run in the head, reformat and reinstall after saving you current data/files etc. The stuff on the desktop is generally toast unless, after the reformat you run a recovery program on that hd and save it all to a slave. Get data back for ntfs works like a charm!

take everything on the puter off line, cdr, floppy, hd etc including the mouse and keybaord and poer up the mobo with the video card. If you get a read, start adding components 1 by 1. Sounds like you have a hardware issue and something has taken a dump!

Or put some butter and jam on it cause it's toast!

this is a stupid hardware glitch but it is known to cause that exact problem:

Some mobos don't like it if you have 2 of the same thing on one ide controller. Others don't like it if you have differnt things on each controller.

I had this same problem, I could boot off win2k disk install the os and restart just fine. As soon as I shutdown it would never boot again saying it couldn't find the hard drive. So I'd go thought it all over again...

Once I swapped one of the hard drive and one of the cd roms around it worked just peachy and I never had another issue with it...

Sooo try that, put one hd and one cd/dvd one the same cable making the cd slave and see what happens. If they are on the same cable now take one off and make it master on the second controller.

Post back results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom