Longhorn Screen shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP with faster search, new skin, better security(?) and takes more resources? YES everything and more, I will hold of judgement untill it comes out. I know really just about nothing for what .net framework is so that part I'm not sure about.

-Ryan

Tyler1989 said:
Then leave and go to the linux thread. I've used UNIX and Linux I don't like them as much as windows.

Purpose of that statement? Was it because I said to stop the flaming? And then you told me to go to the Linux thread? That was completely baseless. I was simply asking if that it was true, I wasnt comparing the two in any way, shape, or form. Stop looking to pick a fight, I'm not gonna give the baby his bottle...

I didnt plan on upgrading to longhorn anytime soon regardless, so this pack isnt too much of a thing for me really. I suppose I will download it though, those screen shots are kinda cool. I like the color scheme they use, very euro-trash metro type stuff... Unfortunetely, that is the kind of look I like. :mad:

But, like Eric said, that only delays the need for me, him and most other people to get Longhorn. I mean, it's free. XP works just fine right now, I dont really have any quirks with it.

I heard that longhorn is going to have a lot of security, as in nothing can be illigal no p2p software will work (i dont know how they will do it) windows will always have to be up to date. with xp you can choose to do windows update but longhorn will force you to. plus because of the new os wont software have to be changed to adapt to longhorn or did windows not change that.

AMD inside all said:
I heard that longhorn is going to have a lot of security, as in nothing can be illigal no p2p software will work

P2P is not illegal. Things that are done on it are illegal sometimes, but P2P itself is NOT illegal. It is used "by universities to share information from lab to lab".

MrBebop26 said:
Wow, if they started barring people from installing programs, someone would sue Windows for it.

-Ryan

Yeah, they totally cant stop you from installing software. That would violate all kinds of lawss, and would prolly mean the imminent destruction of MS.

Don't forget the big battle between Netscape and IE. When Netscape was number one, Microsoft started shipping IE with there OS. Netscape tried to sue them and lost. And look at where Netscape is now. It could just be the same thing. We need some alternative OS's to become mainstream open-sourced or not to stop the pratical monopoly and give microsoft some good ol' competition.. Linux is trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom