Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Holy shit, hey folks. Got a real problem. Today i booted up my Computer only to notice that it said my CPU was running at 1.2ghz, this is NOT right as it normally runs at 2080ghz (being an AMD XP 2800+)

What the hell is going on? Both Everest and DXDIAG are showing this, please help me.

I recently updated my BIOS but there were no errrors. Also, you may know if you've been following my threads that my CPU was overheating not that long ago could my BIOS have dropped the speed to 1.2ghz to 'cool' the PC down? My PSU is also not supplying enough power and so ordered a new one, which should arrive tommorow.

Will adding my new PSU set the CPU clock back to 2080ghz, god i hope so.

C'mon, need your help desperately.

:O :O :O

underclocked9hd.jpg

Re:

Hello,

It seems that your FSB has been lowered...:confused:. It should be 12.5 x 166 for an AMD Athlon XP 2800+.

Post a screenshot or a report of the Motherboard page to show the Front Side Bus Properties and Memory Bus Properties.

Perhaps your BIOS hasn't detected your CPU correctly. Try resetting your BIOS, or see if you can correct the FSB in BIOS.

Oh and...how many watts is your current PSU? If it's 400W that is more, than enough...

2080ghz (being an AMD XP 2800+)
egadz thats fast :p (gotta love typos)

Sorry useless mods feel free to delete it :p

what Daapleby? an AMD XP 2800 does run at 2080ghz and not 2800ghz, so please be useful/constructive or don't post...

Is it possible that my computer underclocked my CPU to keep the temperatures low? And if this is the case will the CPU set it back to the original clock once i have a new CPU and temp returns to normal?

Please help me

Re:

...urm...I think he was implying that it should be 2080Mhz not 2080Ghz...:confused: :freak: .

But really, it should be 2075Mhz because the normal multiplier is 12.5 and the FSB is 166.

Re:

Hello,

Okay. Pentium 4 Processors are known to throttle when it gets too hot. However, i'm not sure if throttling is done by lowering the FSB.

If it has throttled down because it is too hot, then you should see high temperatures being registered in the BIOS or through a temperature utility. What temperature is your system operating at, have you checked?

Because you've recently done a BIOS upgrade it is most likely that your BIOS is miconfigured. Your FSB should be 166 not 99.

The first thing i would try doing is resetting your BIOS. Locate the specific jumper on your motherboard to do this, or simply remove the battery for a minute before placing it back again.

If after doing that your FSB is still 99Mhz, and your system is not overheating, then go into your BIOS, locate and correct your FSB speed to 166.

To reiterate, your system is currently running at 1243Mhz because your system's FSB has been underclocked or, lowered:

everest2800underclocked7bp.jpg

Your processor is currently configured to 12.5 x 99, which equals the current underclocked speed. The multiplier 12.5 is correct, however the FSB is configured to 99, which is incorrect. It should be configured to 12.5 x 166 effectively giving you a non underclocked or overclocked speed of 2075Mhz.

would a reformat help to reset the FSP cause i'm now nervous to go around messing with the BIOS and all?

and my CPU is running at like 54* (where as it was running at 60* -70* at normal speed of 2080mhz, due to the borked PSU)

So, do you believe its probable that my computer underclocked the FSB to protect the computer from a 'hot death' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom