5.1 surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, isn't it weird that nobody says anything, but now that I share my problem, I am finding that I'm not alone. I guess that makes me feel better... at least I know it isn't just my computer that has this problem.

I'll have to look around. Maybe there is a newer driver or something that I need to install.

I'm thinking that maybe they didnt build a true surround codec into Windows, which is why it does that. It's weird that Windows does it, but you can get them to work if you use the program that comes with the card. Thats how I got my surround to work.

you need to set ur speakers to 5.1 in the setting for your card. for example, i have an audigy 2 zs, and my speaker settings only stick if i change my speaker setting to 5.1 in the creative control panel, and then click on speaker settings.

what soundcards do you guys have?

Right now I'm using a Sound Blaster Live! LS 24bit 5.1 channel. Free, with my 5 finger discount when I worked at Staples.

In my syg is all my new parts that I am just too damn lazy to put together. It sucks, they are some pretty killer peices. DAMN MY LAZY ASS!!!

so if u click:

start>all programs>creative>*soundblaster live*>*speaker settings*

*items may not have this exact name, but there should be something along these lines*

if this is not present, you may need to install drivers for your card from the disk that should have come with ur card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom