Need help on a gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Overclocking is pretty easy, but you should worry about that after you build your PC

As the mobo get the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

G. Skill RAM most likely, however they have recently been forced to change their ram making their existing good ram raise in price.

You can afford a 6800GT instead of a 6600GT

And your good. Overclocking is easy

says the guy w/ xp to the newb. Thanks for the input, I may upgrade to the 6800, that much better?

I've read some really good reviews on the Corsair so may go that route. I'm assuming that the DFI mobo will still be good/better then the other one I mentioned, even w/o OC'ing? Thanks again.

DFI's multiple world records say it all for overclocking.

Corsair is really popular, and not a bad idea since it has some long warranty and comes error free most of the time. But corsair cannot overclock worth crap really. And their high end ram is a rip for the price.

DJ-CHRIS said:
DFI's multiple world records say it all for overclocking.

Corsair is really popular, and not a bad idea since it has some long warranty and comes error free most of the time. But corsair cannot overclock worth crap really. And their high end ram is a rip for the price.

Is the G.skill easy to oc? still reading up on that aspect. maybe i will go g.skill and then learn to oc. thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Yeah G. Skill overclocks very high without touching anything but the speed.

Some other ram overclocks well too, but you need to change the timing's, up the voltage alot, get a fan cooling over the ram ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom