should i upgrade my sli to 7800gtx sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot6600GT said:
How much money u got?!

i can sell these 2 cards. got another socket 939 board to sell, a radeon x800pro, a socket a board with xp3000 on it and a dell laptop. i can sell all those n prolly have like 1600 or so. but i think i should just wait

They are currently $600 USD from newegg. They are a lot better than a 6800 Ultra. Check this out:
7742.png

Sport1031 said:
They are currently $600 USD from newegg. They are a lot better than a 6800 Ultra. Check this out:
7742.png

That's just ONE benchmark. Besides the 6800 GT, and Ultra will do great on anything for another year atleast. And the SLi will pwnage for a long time.

I know they will be great for well over a year I'm just showing them that it really is better. Someone said that it is barely an improvement than a 6800 Ultra. It is clearly a great improvement. It is about the same as TWO 6800 Ultras in SLI, But about $400-$500 USD less.

If only I had the money for the Sli 7800's...

But I dont...

then again if anyone wants to give me some money? :p

Sport1031 said:
7742.png
That bench is a load of BS. 2048x1536 and 120FPS on HL2 with 4x AA, sorry, I don't think so. Not with current technology anyway.

Well I didn't read up... but to interject, I noticed that the 7800 is really cleaning up in the high resolution benchmarks in general. That is where it's performance advantage seems to be the greatest over the 6800.

Also, I really don't think the increase in price is very outlandish when you compare the price/performance ratio of each card. Now whether or not you will need that extra performance and therefore whether or not it would be wise to pay for it is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom