Should I just stick with my older OS or upgrade to windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Verdict

The court stands as usual, the prosecutor must prove without a reasonable doubt that the Defendant has did wrong. Sentencing will be decided by people of this forums. Here are you counts:

Count 1: In the count of giving false information to a Newbie, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant - GUILTY

Count 2: In the count of fraud because of fake computer knowledge, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 3: In the count of faking knowledge, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 4: In the count of unskilled craftsmanship in Technology, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 5: In the count of defacing and disrespecting Tech Forums because of their unskillful knowledge, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant - GUILTY

Count 6: In the count of causing chaos in a forum, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant - GUILTY

Count 7: In the count of going off topic(misdemeanor), we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 8: In the count of presenting false information on Tech Forums, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 9: In the count of claiming updates are essential for a particular software when it's not, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant -

Count 10: In the count of deliberately lying to pretend to have knowledge, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – NOT GUILTY

Count 11: In the count of junk talking, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – GUILTY

Count 12: In the count of having a big ego, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – GUILTY

Count 13: In the count of having a big ego, we, the Court of Tech Forums find the defendant – GUILTY

Good Case.

I could care less about your game Tankhead02 grow up we are not here to role play, Erib B you are not the only one being disrespected. Yes 98 "works" but in no way can you get the latest security for it and the latest software versions for it. I understand alot of people use AVG antivirus well last I checked 98 can only use AVG6.0 I'm not sure but I think. Is that good enough to protect you an outdated version with outdated definitions. If 98 can use the newest version of AVG good for 98 users. Point is .netframework 2.0 will not allow Win2K to be compatible with new software...

Yes indeed it does and if the anti virus version is replaced by another newer version the older one is known to be abandoned.

yes, that is the main problem that needs to be solved. that is if there was a problem in the first place.

Ok let me explain it another way, so you can try to see our side. If you understood what we were saying, maybe you will stop the arguing

Allen Iverson came into the league. He thought he was the greatest basketball player ever before he even step foot on the NBA court. He didn't even know who George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Rick Barry was in his first season on a NBA team. How can he be the best player when he know nothing about HISTORY. He doesnÂ’t even know what to compare himself too. He doesn't understand that he dissed history

HeÂ’s really nothing but a self centered, egotistical, childish mother ucker who will never win a ring while he is playing. I said this 10 years ago, I'll say it 10 years from now

He has his supporters and they will argue you to death about him, but the fact remains, every time his get a star to help compliment him (Glenn Robison, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber, etc), the star goes from averaging 25 pt a game to 10 or less while the team barely wins. He doesnÂ’t understand History or Team Concept. He never will

ThatÂ’s seemed to be your attitude tyler1989. Longhorn will eventually become a nice product (I say from MicroSuckÂ’s history, it will be stable by 2008-9), but 2000 is superior, right here right now and It will always use less resources

nicely said it is stable now I never argued that but in one short year everything will go down hill. I think 1 year is not enough time so why not pay $50-$100 more for an OS that will probably last you 3-4 years and if nessesary spend $120 on 516 RAM to make it faster. I know a 3ghz processor will handle XP fine becuase I have a 2.4 ghz processor running XP. If you don't want to pay more now for the newer OS and upgrades you could easilly spend more buying a brand new operating system that demands even better hardware than XP costing you more in the long run.

ok...then you dont know that it is recommended to format ur hdd and reinstall ur OS once a year? did u know that around 50% of businesses still use 2000 and still have not upgraded to XP? and did u not read that most if not everything that runs on xp will run on 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom