What kinda case you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
I actually think I am going to look into that case. I cant imagine the wind tunnel causing the CPU to run hotter, it looks like it would be quite efficient, even moreso with the explanation you gave to it. I imagine if you put some killer fans in there, you could get it to work great.

If you are going to put in a water cooling system, you should keep the wind tunnel and house to radiator in there. Your radiator can never be too cool...

I think the wind tunnel can only really be effective with more efficient fans. The stock 120mm intake/exhaust for the wind tunnel aren't horrible, but it would make sense that a more powerful fan can make use of the "section" system.

You can't really "feel" the air with the wind tunnel, but usually you're not supposed to be able to feel a large push from these case fans, are you?

Another thing that really prevents efficiency of the wind tunnel is the organization of cables. You most likely wont' be able to use the wind tunnel if you don't get a motherboard power extension cable. The thing is that if you do get an extension, you have a load of excess. Sleeving it might help with airflow, but the extension I got off of newegg is pretty long and isn't sleeved. It basically just blocks off any air flow.

I don't know really. To be honest, I wouldn't buy this case for the wind tunnel, unless you really think you can make use of it. I bought the case because Silverstone is a very reliable brand, its a large durable case, and it has great potential because of its size.

I have yet to see actual benchmarks testing the efficiency of that wind tunnel. Let me know if you find any.

As far as water cooling, I was planning to get a 120mm radiator put it in place of my 120mm intake. I've just started looking into water cooling so I don't know much of anything on it. Good idea?

Water cooling systems are very easy, extremyl effective, and cost not too much money. You might want to check out www.dangerden.com for some parts, and also look at Nubius' sticky in the overclocking section: "An very basic water cooling guide". I know alot on the given subject, so if you need any help, just ask. Alot of people here know things as well, and there have been lots of posts. Just search and ask some people, you will get the answers to any question you may have.

Trotter, what the hell is wrong with you? An eMachines?!?!?!! My friend, you just stepped in fron of the car on that one! God, if I were in your shoes, I would at least have lied about my case.

Check my sig. My crappy little eMachine has grown into a kewl lil monster.

I wanted to gut it and rebuild using a different microATX board and all, but the missus wasn't too hip about it, so here I be. But, hey, it gets the job done.

dhw200 said:
ive got an A Top X Blade case. Its steel, so its a little heavier than it should be, but i like it alot

Xblade2.jpg

Same case as i have except i have the basic one with no logo's or lcd,It's a decent size and has ok stock cooling,I just took it a step further and replaced all the fan's with stronger one's,Plus i added another 120mm on top and a 92mm down where i have extra pci slot's.

Here's my new case, It is an old photo though cause i don't have my digital camera at the moment. Recently i have sleeved all of the cables:D.

mynewcase3ic.jpg

Drworm2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom