PSGuard and AntiVirusGOld

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
My client called me up today about a barrage of popups and warnings.. virus.. trojans.. etc..

ran there and found some rather strange software installed..

found out that he was infected with the spywares

PSGuard and AntiVirusGOld

Immediately i did manual cleaning.. after a few hours of tracing etc.. i finally got it cleaned.. suspended the processes and killed them.. (since it can't be killed using regular task manager)

but i have 2 things i can't seem to figure out how to fix..

1) Whenever the internet explorer is started, it redirects the user to the spyware fake website.. and even if i set the default homepage at blank, or something else, it seems that something's redirecting the internet explorer to that site every startup..

2) The desktop settings seems to be missing some tabs.. it only has the screensaver and the settings tabs. the rest are gone..

where do i go to fix these probelms? im suer it's in the registry or some settings somewhere..

please help..

and please dont give me a link to one of them STEP BY STEP removal.. my question here is more of, WHERE to go to fix these things..

thank you

the first one can be fixed with HijackThis which can be d/led from www.downloads.com I've run into the same thing. I'm pretty sure you want to look for a BHO and delete it. If you have questions about it please ask. i'm not sure on the second one tho. maybe someone else can help on that one.

-Aaron

thanks dumdum..

for the first one.. i'd like to know how HijackThis fixes the problem.. i want to learn this and do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom