Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
I am gathering parts for a new comuter i am going to build. I am on a $1000 budget and i am already $200 over:eek: My friend is helping me gather parts but his list was up to $1500 so i am doing a little tweaking with the help ofd the TF community:) I am looking at RAM and want 1GB (dual channel (2 512mb)) of RAM. The Corsair sticks he reccomended me are $220 and i am trying to find an alternative while not sacraficeing too much preformance. Also is $200 way more than i need to spend on RAM?
Thanks

BTW: I'm getting a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard and it memory specs are:
Memory
Number of DDR Slots 4x 184pin DDR
DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Maximum Memory Supported 4GB
Dual Channel Supported Yes

You want cheap? TwinMOS. Good RAM if you're not overclocking, good RAM if you are. Only $84 or so too.

If you decide to go with the OCZ though, you might as well put another $25 into it and go with the EL Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel Kit.

I'm not really sure if i want to overclock anyhthing seeing as this is my first build and i have absolutely no knowlege of overclocking. Is it very risky to oveclock and could i overclock certain parts of the computer like the processor (though ive heard AMD has some heat issues when it comes to overclocking is this true?)
Thanks

AMD doesnt have heat issues, all things get hotter when overclocked however

That's a ripoff for corsair ram, and if you can give the Twinmos 3.2 volts it's great overclocking RAM

If you are not interested in overclocking...go wiht the value ram. It will run in dual channel mode (not that you may be running any apps that will utilize dc) If your obo support dc which I assume it will since you are looking at DDR 400 memory (pc3200). $84 is a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom