1gb of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Corsair Value Select would be compatible with the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum MoBo, 6600gt and Athlon 64 3200+ right?

Yeah, normally I'd suggest the Twinmos BH-5s but since you're using a Neo4 you can't give them the voltage they need to do much. Corsair value is fine for general use.

Get the 2x512MB kit.

I think I might get the 1 gig stick of Corsair Value, because I haven't got the mobo yet, and my current motherboard does not support dual channel and it may be a while until i get the MSI mobo. This isn't a bad choice is it?

2x 512 meg is still cheaper

And please, get the TWINMOS RAM. It's a steal, unlike the crucial it overclocks great (running at higher speeds than designed)

They use Winbond BH-5 chips which can hit some high clockspeeds with pretty tight timings when given some voltage.

The Neo4 isn't gonna pull through, I think it has a max vDIMM of 2.85v, BH-5 chips need at least 3v and often as high as 3.7v, and currently only the dfi lanparty boards can supply that kind of voltage.

You'd also need some active cooling for them.

Ah forget then. I'll just get Corsair Value Select, a gig of it. I should be good to play all the latest games, aye? Can't wait to run BF2 on my system (once i get the RAM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom