1gb of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
I am in the proccess of doing a huge upgrade on my computer. Right now I am buying the RAM. I need some help on deciding what to get.

What is the best buy for 1gb of RAM between <$150. I've only looked at Corsair Value Select, so I figured I'd ask someone who knew what they were talking about.:D

BTW, the RAM will be with:
Gigabyte 6600gt
MSI k8n neo4 platinum
AMD Athlon 64 3200+

I'll be wanting to play new games at good settings, mostly high. (BF2, HL2, Doom3, and upcoming games like COD:2)

EDIT: Oh, and it has to be DDR (PC3200) 184 pin

I just bought a stick of the Corsair 1 gig Value RAM PC3200 and its performing very well.

I have a gig of Corsair value select and it's very good if you aren't going to overclock.

Well as long as I don't need to overclock it (meaning, it's good enough as it is to perform well) then I won't. I just want some good low priced RAM that I can paly games on nice settings with.

So, basically, the consensus here is that Corsair Value Select is the way to go?

Well, I think I am going to get the Corsair Value Select.
Thanks for the advice anyway, dhw200.

Now, I am wondering if I should get a 1gig stick or 2 512mb sticks. If I get 1 stick, I could always get another later and pair them up...but if I get two 512's it could be faster right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom