Comptuer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead4u

Solid State Member
Well, a few months ago i experienced some problems, re-installed OS(xp) and it went away for about 4 days, then i started having problems again, the 2 files that appear on blue screens are kmixer.sys and ntfs.sys, this occurs when i use any type of cpu usage, somthing as small as java app game running will blue screen it, ive attached a folder below to a link to my site with a zip full of the blue screens ive gotten so far. Ive recently replaced my ram, took an item off my ps and reinstalled os 3x with close to the same results, ive been told by a few people it could be the mobo... i just want to get a few more opnoins before i pay for antther part, ive swapped the vid cards and drivers aswell.

:( :(

Zip Folder

Interesting... I once had a very similar problem, but reinstalling windows fixed mine... maybe a virus has encripted itself into your hard drive...(new partition then format and about 5 chkdsk /f would fix that)

speaking of... have you gone to start > run... then type chkdsk /f
you could also try to find a new bios...

I typed chkdsk /f in run and got

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.

I have 2 hardrives and i was wondering if there was somthing extra i had to do... Now that i think about it, most of my problems occured when i installed my 250Wd in...

How would i go about "flashing" my bios, ive heard about it

first you have to find out exactly what your mainboard is, manufacturer, model number, etc...

then go to the manufacturers site and search for that model...

see if there are any downloads for it... usually they have a bios update..., after(if) you find one then make a bootable floppy disk by useing the format options when you right click on the drive...

after you make this then (how ever the manufacturer has it set up) extract or copy the files onto the disk, then use that disk on start up

be carefull when flashing the bios, if anything happens(such as power outage)you may lose your mainboard...

good luck

OK, ive got the updated biosfile.exe and this ABIT FlashMenu, what next, abits instructions were a bit fuzzy... i know how to reset cmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom