Troubleshooting - Recognize this symptom: system process eats cpu constantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhappy

Solid State Member
in the task manager, i see the system process (the system object under the process tab) using as much cpu as it can gobble up. just reformatted, and fresh into windows without installing anything else the problem remains. my guess is the hardware, but which part? got any insights/comments/thoughts/questions/suggestions?

this is the system process, not just the system idle process.

negative...the object just above system idle...the actual system process. yes, the system IDLE is good cuz it means its not doing anything. the one thats using all my cpu, and making the cpu usage field read 100% is the one right above system idle.

also, im experiencing tremendous sluggishness.

system cpu usage is steadily 92-98%, but mem still has 60% available. at the bottom of tsk mgr it reads cpu usage 100% forever and ever.

Wow...have you restarted and checked all other processes to make sure nothings else is running?

these were the conditions prior AND post fresh reformat. all the rest of the processes read 0. im stumped. im not sure what precisely what you mean by reinstalled..but my page file is empty

I meant something else, but if you have reformated it too then I really dont know what to do...

Sorry man this is wierd.

i would guess its the celeron, but its only three years old and i havent aggressively overclocked it (because of the stupid bios on that proprietary pos). its just an emachine jalopy, but it still comes in handy as a second unit. thanks for the effort, anyway. i thougth maybe someone had encountered this before and would have a direction in which to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom