2nd SATA Drive install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I bought a Western Digital 200GB SATA Drive to go with my WD Raptor Drive, cause I needed more space. I got it installed in the Box itself, now I do't know what to do next. Do I need to have the Windows XP Disk to get the the Format Screen so I can set this drive up? Or can I just use some sort of boot disk, and how would I make one for XP? Also, the back of the Drive didn't list any if the jumper settings for Master and Slave, is that even an issue with SATA?

Well, I just put in the XP Disk, to try to get to the Format Menu, and now its telling me there are no hard drives, even though both hard drives are being detected on the boot screen.

have they been partitioned?

if not then go to dos... I usually use a win98 start up disk and press shift+F5 to go to command prompt... and type: fdisk

and just follow the instructions...

after a drive is partitioned it will need to be formatted and will most likely show up...

I figured it out after reading a bit in the Western Digital Help Site. It was some post on creating additional partitions on a SATA drive. So it wasn't really releated, but it gave me the start I needed. I was able to mangage and formate the drive from within windows. By going into the Disk Management section of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom