Should I just stick with my older OS or upgrade to windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care for your little game I'm not here to play I'm here to prove a point. Yes I was unaware .net framework2.0 was being ported to XP and 2003 earlier.

If not sooner. Are you suggesting someone should spend money on an OS then buy a newer OS in one year. I'm not sure on Win2Ks price but Longhorn being new I can see $300 so it should cost $350-$400 with your plan if Win2K is $50-$100 or with my plan you buy XP costing $100-$200 depending on version and then spend $120 for two 256 ram chips totaling 512 RAM on top of what he already has for $120 so my idea would cost $320 at the most. Now lets look at your plan again and lets not forget you'd eventually have to upgrade not only does the OS cost money you have to upgrade the RAM so lets go with two 256 chips of ram again for $120, that totals your plan coming to a grand total of $520 and my plan coming to a total of $320. Now what are you going to do with the extra $200 you just saved?

In the end my ways is more cost efficient.

http://www.dotdotpc.com/memory.htm

you are talking nonsense. longhorn requires a 3gig processer ($2-300) 1gig ram (see above. newegg sell a gig of corsair for $71.00, but samsung is way better ram). add that to the cost of longhorn (300)

um.... let's see...you can get 2000 for Free these days. it can run fast on 64-128mb of ram (XP can't) and it can run on a 200mhz procesoor. you can go to the thrift store and get this whole computer for $20.00 and install windows 2000 on it and be secure. can you do that with longhorn?

Those hardware requirements are lies I got my hardware requirements from microsoft itself check my guide. You can get longhorn for free too you know. But I'll go along XP also will have .net framework 2.0 you can run it on 128 RAM I wonder why you say it can't when Microsoft puts that as it's requirements and XP can also run on a 2ghz processor so I fail to see your point. Eric not everyone has MSDN connections like us to get free operating systems.

Are you suggesting someone should spend money on an OS then buy a newer OS in one year. I'm not sure on Win2Ks price should be $50-$100 but WinXP Pro should be $200 then spend $120 for two 256 ram chips totaling 512 RAM on top of what he already has for $120 so my idea would cost $320 at the most. With your plan if Win2K is $50-$100 and lets not forget you'd eventually have to upgrade not only does the OS cost money you have to upgrade the RAM so lets go with two 256 chips of ram again for $120, that totals your plan coming to a grand total of $420 and my plan coming to a total of $320. Now what are you going to do with the extra $100 you just saved? And I'd also like to add you don't even have to add the RAM to run XP but I'd prefer you do add it.

What would be the point of this guy spending more money on a new laptop to run windows XP, spending at least 700$ for anything worth while, when he can spend about 50 and get a good enough operating system...o thats right...there is no point. and yes windows XP will run on 128 MB ram, but thats minimum requirements, it would run like crap on a 300 MHz processor.

delldude4100 said:
What would be the point of this guy spending more money on a new laptop to run windows XP, spending at least 700$ for anything worth while, when he can spend about 50 and get a good enough operating system...o thats right...there is no point. and yes windows XP will run on 128 MB ram, but thats minimum requirements, it would run like crap on a 300 MHz processor.

I as wondering if he would get my point. I wasn't going to explain it, anymore.

what he don't understand is that MS will still support XP. XP stuff work on 2000.

they don't support win 98 anymore. last time I checked, it still worked

You guys sound like a bunch of 3rd graders. All this post has been about is whos ego is bigger. This forum sucks.

sgwyldechild said:
You guys sound like a bunch of 3rd graders. All this post has been about is whos ego is bigger. This forum sucks.

you don't like it, leave.
Let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

what you don't understand, was that we were disrespected. a newbie who with a little bit new info came in in here and dissed history, because he want to show off his version of longhorn, which really isn't even good yet.

if it weren't for the win95's, 98's, fvck ME, win 3.1's, win NT's, 2000's, and XP's
there would be no longhorn.

these guys here (on this forum) put their blood, sweat and tears in configuring these systems. we have year of experience on this. we know what the real deal is.

and for a newbie to come in and knock it, just because he want to feel important...

he has no right

sgwyldechild said:

Get a life you stupid bastard. It's time for the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom