Installing a MoBo Guide and Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetyAmoeba

Baseband Member
Does anyone know of a good guide to follow when installing a Socket T (LGA 775) mobo?

Also, what happens when I install the motherboard? Will I have to reinstall the operating system? What will change? These are some questions I'd like to have answered before undertaking the process.

Any tips or feedback would be great.

The mobo it self should come with a pretty good installation guide.

A couple things. Make sure to use risers. It keeps the board from grounding out.

Second, yes, you should reinstall windows. You can try a repair but a full format and reinstall is recommended.

What risks would I run if I didn't reinstall Windows XP?

I'd rather not reformat, especially since I have 20 gigs of music and nowhere to back them up. Heh. :/

How big is the drive? You could get Partition Magic, create a new partition, back things up to there and thenm just reformat the C partition.

There is really no risk, the system will just be unstable and you will sooner or later have to reformat.

Try a repair install first and see what happens. If everything runs well your golden.

It's a 250 gig Maxtor, already partitioned to C: and a Recovery drive used by HP.

I'll try partitioning off abit, and move over my music. Does another partition slow down a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom