Graphics card advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hello,
I am building my first computer and am on a 1k budget(can go around 1500 but preferably not). I am looking for a PCI-E x16 Graphics card as i plan this to be a gaming computer. Does anybody have suggestion on cards to buy or cards i shouldn't buy?
All help would be appreciated:)

what are the pc parts u planning on getting? how much u willing to spoend on card and what to saccrifice on the pc parts? it all depends.

I would look at some 6800gt pci-e or something around there. You can also wait for the new round of cards to come out, and get one of then.

If you want to save money, then I'd go with the 6600GT or 6800GT if you can. I would NOT get the new line of graphics cards by NVIDIA. If you want a GREAT card, then wait until ATI releases their new cards. I hear that the new one is going to basically make the 7800GTX look like a small child.

Well so far my parts list looks like this
Pross- AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Mobo- ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Case- ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9NW-AL/450 Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
RAM- CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 550 (PC 4400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Thats it so far but i plan to get a small hard drive for the OS and if necessary a PSU (do i need a dif one for this mobo and pross?)
Thats it so far any help on the parts or things im forgeting would be great

Okay, that gives you about 150 left, pricing done on newegg.

BTW, I used a venice core for the chip, because you will want one.

So if you want to stay by your budget, i wouldn't go any lower then a 6600gt. Even though thats a bit lower.

I would get a 6800gt to do that system it's justice thought.

Good luck!

nooooooooooooooooooo

DON'T GET THAT MOBO
get the DFI NF4 ULTRA cos the a8n mobo is full of bugs

Processor- AMD 3800+ vinice core $366.00

G Card- eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card $345.00

Mobo- DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard $135.00

RAM-
Case- ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9NW-AL/450 Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply $90.00

HDD-EXCELSTOR J840 40GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive - OEM $46.00
Total $982
This is the total with out RAM. I am lookin for 1GB Dual channel (x2 512mb) RAM any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom