installing graphics card in laptop?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milk

Solid State Member
Hello everyone!

I have an important question. I want to upgrade my graphics card ( I have a mobility Radeon 7500 AGP ) to something more along the lines of a ATI Radeon 9500 - 9700 pro or something like that, something with like 128 mb or 256. Anways, I have a Dell Inspiron 5100, and to be honest, I have absolutely no clue at all how I would install a new graphics/video card into my laptop. I want to replace my old one with a new and faster one, in order to play some of the new games coming out like Battlefield 2, etc. Is it possible to install a new one into a laptop? I know that there are "how to" guides online about installing one into a desktop, but I haven't come across any for a laptop. Thank you very much!

Tony:D

A Dell Inspiron 4500 has a cover on the underside that just pulls apart and allows you to insert the video card; try that.

So, it's not humanly possible at all? I can't even like take it into best buy, or a computer company or something and have a new one resodered in? Wow, that just makes my day so much worse... crap... Can anyone help me on this one? Thanks..

Tony

Wait, what about a new video card? Aren't graphic and video cards the same thing?? thanks

Tony

Very few Laptops (basically the high end ones for awhile) have upgradable graphics. You will have to get a different laptop. This is one of the big reasons people don't use laptops for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom