DDR duel vs single channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good.....ill go with the 1gb then.....now what if the 512 is PC2700 and the 1gb is PC3200? will it still work?

I'm not sure....I know that if you use pc133 and pc100 it will all run as pc100 but I don't think you can mix the two 184 pin memeory sticks...anybody???

now what if the 512 is PC2700 and the 1gb is PC3200? will it still work?
if you're asking if dual channel will work then I know someone already said on the previous page

"The two sticks must be a matching pair"

The pc3200 will underclock to PC2700 speeds though, put the same timings on them and it MIGHT work in DC but I guarantee nothing

but I don't think you can mix the two 184 pin memeory sticks...anybody???
Why wouldn't you be able to.....

The higher RAM will simply underclock to meet the slower

There ya go. So it is the same principle as pc 100 and pc 133 mixed memeory sticks. The Pc 133 will underclock to the PC100.
But why underclock the DDR 400? 1 gig is sufficient amount of memory and you might as well use the faster memory. By the way, two sticks of 512 PC3200 can be run dual channel as long as they are a matched pair.

But why underclock the DDR 400? 1 gig is sufficient amount of memory and you might as well use the faster memory.
If he's mixing 1 512mb PC2700 with 1 512mb of PC3200 to achieve that 1gb its going to underclock automatically.

How do you check for dual channel support on a laptop? .I'm thinking about buying HP L2000 Special Edition that was just released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom