DDR duel vs single channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a project recording studio attached to my puter. I master 64 tracks of audio wave files. I could use 4 gigs! and save my CPU from a constant asskicking!!!

well heres the thing.....i run maya 6.5 ,adobe photoshop, illustrator, flash, premiere, and after effects.....

i def want to up my ram from 512......whats the best way i should do it? remember i have 2 banks of 1, and 1 module is a 512 right now. thanks

get another 512 seems to be the most painless solution

if you want more, u have to get 2 stick of 1G RAM

thanks....nice straight answer. ahha

im just trying to grasp this.....2 512's provide dc which would ultimately be as fast as 1gb and 1 512 of sc right?

for graphics....

dc is always faster than sc, and I suggest 2G instead of 1.5G is because it is hard to get the 1.5G (2 memory stick) to run without problem...

Either way it will not make a difference given the programs you are running. use the 1.5 gigs sc and you'll be good.

because it is hard to get the 1.5G (2 memory stick) to run without problem...
Says who? unless your motherboard has some weird specification against one of the particular stick brands, a 1gb stick and a 512mb stick will run together just fine...simply no dual channel of course

Since we're on the subject, is it true that if you have four sticks of RAM in dual channel, you have to run them at 2T? If it is true, why?

Nubius is right (as I already explained above)...and, given most computer applications. sc or dc won't be noticible (sp?) difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom