AMD better for gaming. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Hi,

I've heard numerous of times that AMD are better for gaming and Intel for other stuff. I was just wondering, why is this? What do they do differently that makes them better or worse for different things?

Thanks

I do know that now the AMD processors use 90 nanometer pins, and that is better. I also know that hypertransport affects things. Not sure exactly why an AMD clock speed can be so much slower and give the same performance though.

Don't question these things! Just assimilate! muahahahaha

I do know that now the AMD processors use 90 nanometer pins, and that is better
it has 90nanometer transistors not pins...and that has no effect on performance whatsoever...only heat out put and OC'ability.

Not sure exactly why an AMD clock speed can be so much slower and give the same performance though.
because they do more instructions per clock than an intel can due to (like chris said) shorter narrower pipelines vs intels longer fatass pipelines........this is also why you'll see Intels with much larger increase in total MHz when OC (which DOES NOT mean they OC better) because 800MHz OC on an Intel would be like 400-500MHz increase from an AMD

Just because the numbers higher doesn't mean it's "better"

The instructions per cycle in a intel are something like 30+ where a amd is only 12-15.
Think in relation to cars and think mhz is hp. Now think of the instructions as weight and you would see that a intel weighs a lot more than a amd. So just like a lighter car with less hp is as fast as a heavier car with more hp, a amd with less mhz is as fast as a intel with more mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom