What kinda case you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge case mind you. It's a full atx. I'm even planning to get water cooling and given this case's size, its perfect. But like said, it gives you more hassle when building it. If you ever decide to get it, make sure to get the ATX extender for your motherboard power. I even had to get a CPU power extender.

Calzinger, i really dig that windtunnel. It's a cool idea, but does it actually work better?

Trotter, what the hell is wrong with you? An eMachines?!?!?!! My friend, you just stepped in fron of the car on that one! God, if I were in your shoes, I would at least have lied about my case. :p

eMachines.... Pfft! ;)

ive got an A Top X Blade case. Its steel, so its a little heavier than it should be, but i like it alot

Xblade2.jpg

Xblade.jpg

Him said:
Calzinger, i really dig that windtunnel. It's a cool idea, but does it actually work better?

To be honest, it doesn't make the biggest difference. You might notice like half a degree. Some people even said that the wind tunnel made the CPU run hotter. However, the real idea is to divide the case into areas of cooling rather than the whole case meshing together.

The wind tunnel sections off the memory and CPU, the hottest components in the case. There is an intake in the front of the case and an exhaust in the back to keep air flowing through the tunnel.

Since it sections it off in this way, it is unnecessary to have many fans to cool over the whole case. There only those three fans, the two wind tunnel intake/exhaust and an 80mm intake in the front.

Just remember not to dismiss this case if you think the wind tunnel is too inefficient. It is a very customizable case, despite its difficulty of the cables reaching the motherboard (PSU is at very top).

Because of its size, you can expand very easily. I'm looking to ditch the wind tunnel and install a water cooling system. Given the case's size, it is looking to be very easy.

And don't forget, Silverstone is a very reliable brand.

The only disadvantage I can think of is its weight. It's made completely of steel with an aluminum bezel.

Otherwise, it's a good case for anyone, unless you hate ridiculously massive cases.

I actually think I am going to look into that case. I cant imagine the wind tunnel causing the CPU to run hotter, it looks like it would be quite efficient, even moreso with the explanation you gave to it. I imagine if you put some killer fans in there, you could get it to work great.

If you are going to put in a water cooling system, you should keep the wind tunnel and house to radiator in there. Your radiator can never be too cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom