7800GTX - Full Benchmarks are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. I want some information! I just got my first paycheck at my job and need to know what to do with it!

senseless said:
I think tom is full of shit. There have been discrepencies in his benchmarks for a long time now.. but this takes the cake. One of my 6800s (ocd) will outperform the benchmarks listed.

I wonder how much ATI is paying for that banner on his site. (Not saying ati is bad, just saying tom is a sell out that is all)

Edit: Look at the benchmarks ran on ati vs nvidia.. The ati benchmarks dont even use farcry, halflife2, or doom3! While nvidia had all the heavy hitting games for benchmarking.

the only benchmark that are the same between the 2 is UT2k4...

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-12.html#unreal_tournament_2004

its because yours is oc'd and those are stock cards.

I am very dissapointed about this, i will not be buying this series thats for sure. II hope ATI's cards are better than these, because this is just a huge dissapointment.

Well what I want to know is why Tom is always using whack ass drivers.....77.14 I think he was using.....always some beta drivers or really out dated ones.....not that it'd make up for another 3000 points or anything but I swear they do a half assed job of benches most of the time

Don't really take any of these results seriously for a while, the drivers aren't smoothed out and you won't get a good analysis of how good this stuff really is until the next driver update comes out, should be in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom