HELP! No signal when bootup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
I have a radeon 9800 pro going into a asus sk8n mb and new amd chip. When i boot up the screen gets no signal but the fans and everything is going, no beeping or anything. Ive had this problem one other time and i took my machine to frys because i could not figure it out, the little pimpeld face at frys said he did something to the motherboard that i would never run into that problem again and that it was his little secret what he did. To make a long story short i got him in trouble for being a smart ass to me but i still did not figure out what he did. Now i am having the same problem and i dont know how to fix it. Can someone PLEASE help me?

You may need to try another video card to verfy it. It dont even need to be AGP.
Another possibilty, try another monitor

Well it happend on a p4 2.6 that i had.Intel board and everything. I thin its a problem with ATI cards cause my friend has exact same everything except he has nvidia 5200 ultra and his was fine.

I've heard that if the Led on the Monitor stays Amber & doesn't go Green then it's not getting a signal from the Video Card. Ya got a spare Video card? Can Ya borrow your buddies to test with?

I have had this same problem before building computers... Make sure you pop all your cards in securly because the problem your describing could be a result of a loose PCI card or the AGP card not popped in all the way, Ironically in another thread this solved somones problem... Those sounds like new parts too... Either the card is not popped in, also do what microbell says. or the parts could be bad . If in doubt get your money back !

I've taken stuff back & told them it was defective even if I wasn't sure just to get a new part to verify it wasn't that particular part. It's just a straight swap.;)

Well this is what i used to do to but this time they made this little wanna be tech the checked to make sure the parts were really messed up, even if it ment me sitting there for and hour and a half (which i did.) Im not ever buying from them again. I suggest no one else buy anything from them eaither. They sell things in opened packages. You cant buy a cpu there without it being opened, and half of the motherboards have been opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom