What kinda case you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have your standard Antec steel case. It is the one that every company makes and puts their name on it. It is really heavy, but it is killer heavy duty! It cost me $100 at compusa. It's nice and big, but not clunky, got a window in the side, and plenty of room for fans and stuff on the inside.

I got a Antec 660AMG case. Very heavy as well, as it is made out of thick steel. The only thing is, it has a plastic frount, and I snap plastic stuff all the time.

It also came with a Antec 330watt TP PSU.

We may have the same case, does yours have a door covering all of the drives with a lock on it? Mine does, I broke that pretty quickly. Damn cheap plastic! Mine came with an Antec PSU as well, but I quickly made short work of that. Too many case fans...

No, I went for the cheaper one, with no window, with a plan of getting a window kit. Just need the tool to do it. Grrr.

325_Case2.jpg

Dont use a dremel, you will mangle the hell out of your case. Use a jigsaw, most people have one of those laying around. Or a router, they are designed to cut through steel I believe.

My router wasn't designed to cut through metal :p

My friend offered me his dremel to do it with, but it takes him two hours to cut a 80mm fan hole in a cheap thin steel case :s

I will do it one day over the summer though. With a jigsaw. I know a couple of people that have one, just hopefully they will let me borrow it.

My case is simply a metal box with a side window. That's all it is. I think the make is iCute or something, but I found it in a shop and it was so incredibly cheap so I got it. It's dangerous though, when working inside there are many sharp bits of metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom