Make me the best computer ever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostmanTech

Solid State Member
ok guys....this is because im going into senior year for 3D graphics...BUT lets say you had a $1000 budget. What is the best computer you can build. Its for computer graphics so AMD 64 processor is nessessary (sp?). Go

thanks. im looking around for parts and stuff. anything is helpful.

for 3d editing you are going to need a very high end vid card, that will easily use up that $1000 dollar budget. Your looking at like an nvida quadro fx 5000 (not sure if that number is correct) They are VERY expensive. The fx quadro 1400 is supposed be pretty good though and are around $2000 if I remember correctly.

ok well right now im running maya, and my fx5200 is doing ok. renderings take a little bit but its not terrible. The quadro is not fathomable at this time. haha. But i appreciate the response

My bro is also going into computer graphics as a major so im asking this question becasue we will realistically for school have about a $1000 budjet to get him a new computer that lasts at least 3 years.

very nice....thanks..

after assembling the computer hardware......how does one install the BIOS and actually get everythign running?

the bios comes pre-configured and you can make adjustments if you need to. You will need to put all the parts together yourself and then install and operating system and whatever other software you need.

Senior year in college? 3D animation and you don't know anything about computers?
For $1000 you will not be able to build "The best computer"
My setup which is mid to high end cost over $2000.

Am I incorrect in saying that Intels are generally better at rendering? I thought AMDs were just better at your basic gaming as opposed to rendering and 3D animations. After all, this guy is a 3D animator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom