kill the pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hi well i have a brand new pc but sadly no internet access and im stuck using the family one which is very slowly dying.

please cast your eyes away from the specs if needs be:

mobo = asus a7v133
CPU = amd athlon thurderbird socket A
hard drive= 1st maxtor 90430d3 , 2nd fujitsu mpd3173at
graphics card = nvidia geforce ddr
RAM = sdram 2x 256 one 512

Im having errors saying hard drive failed and really long loading times should i scrap the system all together or just replace the hard drive and cpu. This is a family pc so a budget of £100 or $181.81 :D. any ideas?

don't reeally understand why you have to use the old one when you got the new PC

if it is the internet you are concerned, do you mean your old family pc got internet access??

before upgrade any hardware on your old pc, I would suggest a reinstall of OS, that should fix the long load time problem... about the hard disk fail... try a low level format??

i dont have a router yet to set up a wireless internet connection to my new pc. and moving house soon so waiting till then.

the family pc has many probs but installing xp again is a right pain as i cant boot from cd for some stupid reason it doesnt come up even if i set it up in the bios.

so buying a new hard drive and installing xp from my new pc would be easier then putting it into the family pc. Im starting to confuse my self now :p .

If the family pc is only used for internet would a cpu as well as the hard drive replacement be enough or with 1 part failing should i replace the lot?

can try reflash your BIOS on your old PC, see if that fix the won't boot from CD problem

installing new OS on a new hard drive from your new PC won't help on your old PC if you plan to put that, the OS won't be able to run in your old PC anyway because of different of hardware, especially it is an old one

if your old PC is just for internet, then I would suggest to fix what is fail... no point to invest more

i might just buy an old hard drive to install because the pc is seriously messed up it makes a hell of alot of noise awhile back the fan on the cpu stopped and i didnt no until my pc kept freezing tok me about 3 days to figure that one out lol.

and id rather not mess with the bios too much its old and might destabalize the whole pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom