New PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok, i'm considering buying this PSU (Antec Neo Power 480W) but how can i find if this PSU will run in my PC?

Also, is it any good?

- Cheers all

Diabetic said:
Ok, i'm considering buying this CPU but how can i find if this PSU will run in my PC?

Also, is it any good?

- Cheers all

You are not telling me the CPU, and what are you asking about the PSU? Your question is very ambiguous.

Bugger, i meant PSU where i put CPU. All i'm wondering is how will i know if it will fit in my case.

Sorry for not making myself clear, I was hypoglycaemic as a communist at the time of writing.

You were hypoglycaemic as a communist? Weird. Anyway, they are all physically the same size. Unless you get one of those monstrously big onbes that are some 800W, you will have no problem.

Thats a nice looking PSU that you chose, Antec makes very good stuff. You dont want to cheap out on your PSU, and you didnt. Good work. Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake, and a few other ones make some of the best.

I just bought that exact PSU, only mine was version 1 which only has 1 120mm fan in it. It can get pretty hot like that :(

Anyway, as much as it is a great PSU, theres only 1 thing i absolutley HATE about it. Antec states on the front, that by only plugging into the PSU, the cables you require, it will minimize clutter inside the case and improve airflow. However i found this not to be the case. The big wad of wire to the mobo is so ****ing long and if you have to use the 24-20 pin converter it lengthens it even more!! Also, the molex wires are soooo dam long (even the short ones) So all in all, my case has become severly cluttered with wires.

Dont let that put you off toomuch though...

sorry for the asinign question. I asked cause the power in the UK is different than that in north america and I am unsure as to how that affects psus.

It dosent. There is a switch on the back, you switch it from 110 to 230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom