Longhorn Screen shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, mircrosoft owns my soul! Jk. Looks neat, I don't want it to be too different. Been working with win 95, 98, 2000, xp all my life.

Tyler1989 said:
The icon sets are not final they are workign on the CODE

Tyler is right. The theme that is on the screenshots is just a working theme for developers. It is not even close to the final theme and look of longhorn. They created the theme so that people could have a working interface to write drivers and software with. You need to read the post before you ask or say the same thing over and over.

SHAWN said:
Looks like the same o/s just with a different skin.
IAM_7154 said:
looks like xp meets linux with some of those icons.
EricB said:
where can I get real longhorn themes? I like the look, but I don't like longhorn right now

Take some time and read before you post.

-Aaron

PS Tyler, I love your avatar.

dumdum8684 said:
Tyler is right. The theme that is on the screenshots is just a working theme for developers. It is not even close to the final theme and look of longhorn. They created the theme so that people could have a working interface to write drivers and software with. You need to read the post before you ask or say the same thing over and over.

Take some time and read before you post.

-Aaron

PS Tyler, I love your avatar.

get off tyler's nuts. since I seem to miss something, why don't you explain it to me

It's already known to all that 5048 is for developers they striped the anolog clock and many other eye candies in this version so it will run faster on older computers for the developers anyways if you want to get a better idea of what longhorn will look like but a less stable OS try the 4074 revision I have both longhorns but I usee 4074 becuase of the extra eye candy. Longhorn 4074 was never mend to be "pretty" to the end user it is for developing software for longhorn using .net framework 2.0 and other key features in the new OS. Eric leave arguments to the thread I don't want to carry this to other threads.

Tyler1989 said:
It's already known to all that 5048 is for developers they striped the anolog clock and many other eye candies in this version so it will run faster on older computers for the developers anyways if you want to get a better idea of what longhorn will look like but a less stable OS try the 4074 revision I have both longhorns but I usee 4074 becuase of the extra eye candy. Longhorn 4074 was never mend to be "pretty" to the end user it is for developing software for longhorn using .net framework 2.0 and other key features in the new OS. Eric leave arguments to the thread I don't want to carry this to other threads.

this was directed to dumdum8684, not you. I asked a simple question about downloading longhorn's themes. he insinuated their was a spot to download them here (he put my name in read the posts). I read the post. I waiting for his answer

No there is not a spot yet there will be a place in the future called microsoft.com Microsoft said it would ship avolon and indidgo and .net framework 2.0 to XP and Server 2003. The visual theme called Agross or whatever you call it will also be availible in a service pack in the future I heard when Longhorn is released.

Try using periods much Tyler?

And for all we know those screenshots could just be a skin with "Longhorn" slapped on.

All i was saying is that even tho you liked the theme right now it is not how it is going to look on the final release. I'm sorry if i offended your ego.

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMEEEE!!!!!! STOP THE FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME!!!!

Longhorn is suppose to have stolen something straight out of the Linux book, what with having several different desktops open at the same time doing things. It's gonna suck though, seeing Windows is multi-threaded.

Then leave and go to the linux thread. I've used UNIX and Linux I don't like them as much as windows.

Kray that is a ligit cut down version of longhorn they removed many of the features to make it faster for the developers to develope stuff with. I know this because I have Longhorn 5048. And no Kray I don't like periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom