OMG!!! I'm panicing

Status
Not open for further replies.
phongus said:
is 200 USD a lot of money for a computer? i spent 1500 AUS dollars on my computer. and i didn't even get top of the range. man prices in america must be cheap as.
Dude, the Australian dollar is worth LESS than the American dollar. Prices in America would not be "cheap as".

And no, $200 USD is not a lot to spend for a computer, though $200 won't buy you a nice computer.

i know the australian dollar is cheaper, but 200USD is about 300 aussie dollars. from that i can buy a P4 3.2 or a AMD 3200+ and a crappy mobo, or good mobo crap CPU. kinda is cheaper over there.

in equivalence i spent about 1200USD on my comp i have at the moment. just for the tower.

I think it's $200 on THE CHIP. Not the computer. For your first build, have someone that knows what they are doing there to watch/help you. That's what I did on my first (and so far only) build. And now I have to take my chip out to send my motherboard back (defective), so I understand your panic. Even the freind I had help flips out when he has to put chips on. But take the advice from the real veterans.

An AMD3200 sells for about $120 now.

Anywho, I completely build the box seen in my sig for just over a Grand, and it's not a "crap" system.

the system i got now with a stuffed mobo has

AMD Athlon64 3200+
Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro (mobo is stuffed)
2 x 512MB DDR RAM (only one ram slot working so 512MB running)
2 x Seagate 120GB in SATA Raid mode
ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphix
500W PSU
Pioneer DVD Rom
LG DL DVD-Burner

All that cost me $US 1200 or $AUS 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom