7800GTX - Full Benchmarks are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disapointed? I am tbh. Not hugely better than the 6800 ultra, with a alot bigger price tag. It also does better having 1 card than having SLI...

Thanks for the link.

Ya, I was expecting it to be a bigger performance increase.

It's still a nice increase, but I dont think that it would be worth the money...

I agree, it just doesn't have that "next generation" type of performance increase. It is more of a 6800 Ultra Ultra ;)

I actually wouldn't be surprised though if nVidia, does what ATI did with the 850 card, and release a more powerful version in a few months to keep up with the x900 series.

Overall though, I am not worried, like I have said before, I have no intentions of buying a card from this generation anyways, my 6800GT will be pumpin for a while :D

I think tom is full of shit. There have been discrepencies in his benchmarks for a long time now.. but this takes the cake. One of my 6800s (ocd) will outperform the benchmarks listed.

I wonder how much ATI is paying for that banner on his site. (Not saying ati is bad, just saying tom is a sell out that is all)

Edit: Look at the benchmarks ran on ati vs nvidia.. The ati benchmarks dont even use farcry, halflife2, or doom3! While nvidia had all the heavy hitting games for benchmarking.

the only benchmark that are the same between the 2 is UT2k4...

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-12.html#unreal_tournament_2004

far cry2? not even out yet.

Assuming those benchies were legit, i am quite dissapointed. I was hoping and expecting a revolutionary jump like 9800 - X800 or 5950 - 6800.

Was a typo.

According to tom there was no jump from 5950(ultra) to 6800 (6800 gets better benchmarks @ 1600x1200 anything lower and they're practicly identical). They benchmark the same using his results. Comparing the 6800 to the 7800, i noticed about a 50fps jump in performance when using the 7800gtx. At least, the ut 2004 benchmarks say that. Who knows how it compares elsewhere, using toms results you wouldnt be able to compare.

I should be able to get my hands on one of these soon. I'll get some accurate benchmarks.

The current 7800 GTX is a waist... Of money, and of room in your case, wait a little while for the ATI R520, as its specs are FAR better. nVidia is also going to release a Platinum Edition like version of the 7800 in a while, which might come up to par with the ATI R520.

Yan Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom