Nothing I can download works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavilach

In Runtime
Okay, big problem:

Everything I have downloaded in the past week has claimed that it is "not a valid Win32 application." Everything I have downloaded previously still works, but new .exe files won't run!

I think it might have to do with a freeware app I downloaded, because the problem started one day when I downloaded about 20 freeware apps.

I'm attaching a pic of my Start Menu, and if you see anything suspicious, let me know.

Help! I must be able to download again!

P.S. Excuse the black and white screenshot, I needed to severely shrink the file...

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 23
holy f*** you have alot of apps installed.. into the 5th row!:eek:

anyways, you could always try to just remove the programs you installed the day the system started giving you errors.

Sounds like a w32 virus has infected your system and i would recommend doing a scan here immediately then when complete download hijack this , unzip it and do a scan then save the generated log. Then copy and paste your log here for me to look at.

I was actually trying to install Hijack This the day that I installed all that other garbage, but it was not a valid Win32 application ^_^!

im with tavilach

Seen this problem before on my own computer, solved it by formatting and re installing everything. Definatly not the easiest way to fix it but that what I did.

Hahahahahahahaha!

I'm cracking up!

I'm the luckiest **** in the world!

I was thinking, "Hmm, which programs from that day should I uninstall?" and I went to the uninstall list. The first one listed was "Abstrusion Protector," and I thought "Hey...maybe it is trying to protect me, and in the process isn't letting me open executables."

I uninstalled it.

I restarted.

Problem gone.

Hahahahahaha!

Edit: The main purpose of Abstrusion Protector is to prevent the installation of unapproved executables. Wow...and why was I wondering what was wrong?

Next time I should know what I'm installing before installing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom