Should I just stick with my older OS or upgrade to windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what we are trying to tell you is...

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

it is not here yet.

what else we are trying to tell you, Windows 200 is still not a crappy OS, it will run fine on his laptop, windows XP will run like crap most likely.

If not sooner. Are you suggesting someone should spend money on an OS then buy a newer OS in one year. I'm not sure on Win2Ks price but Longhorn being new I can see $300 so it should cost $350-$400 with your plan if Win2K is $50-$100 or with my plan you buy XP costing $100-$200 depending on version and then spend $120 for two 256 ram chips totaling 512 RAM on top of what he already has for $120 so my idea would cost $320 at the most. Now lets look at your plan again and lets not forget you'd eventually have to upgrade not only does the OS cost money you have to upgrade the RAM so lets go with two 256 chips of ram again for $120, that totals your plan coming to a grand total of $520 and my plan coming to a total of $320. Now what are you going to do with the extra $200 you just saved?

Let's end this fude. Let the judge(me), make a ruling on who has proven their case.
These are the following charges pending against Tyler1989:
  • Giving False Information to a Newbie
  • Fraud because of faked computer knowledge
  • Faking knowledge
  • Unskilled Craftsmanship in Technology
  • Defacing and Disrespecting TF because of there unskillful knowledge
  • Causing Chaos in a forum
  • Going off topic(lesser offense)
  • Presenting false information on Tech Forums
  • Claiming updates are essential for a particular software
  • Deliberately lying to pretend to have knowledge
  • Junk talking
Delldude and EricB, you have proven a positive case that Windows 2000 is a good OS and will doesn't necessarily need updates if it has good security software with it.
Tyler1989, great case you have substancial evidence on this matter. You have proven you case on some charges just like the plaintiff. The court will have to deliberate and hear FINAL arguments I suggest you make this long before the court makes there ruling on all 11 counts. You guys play along & Final arguments and then the court will decide here in ........Tech Court!

The Defense is Tyler and the Prosecution is Delldude and EricB, a TECH Forums First...I'm sure, make it fun people. Closing arguments!!!!

One last thing to add to the charges against Tyler1989:

Originally posted by Tyler1989 in thread http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57368
If you do not update you will be lost in time. The newest features besides avolon and indigo are Longhorn only, Office 12, New Software. Look There is a new .net framework for Longhorn only new software will use this framework and then all of the 2000 and XP users will be left behind eventually if they wait, wouldn't you want to continue using all that great software

Man you were talking soo much junk that I reinstalled longhorn on a third boot option on my computer to see if I missed something (I haven't use it in over a year). Oh I forgot. it doesn't support gigabit technology. it doesn't even know that my marvell gigabit ethernet slot is even there.

for some reason partition magic worked on it last year, but not this year (I had to use my drive image boot disc to boot back to my other OS's). oh where is my usb 2.0 ports, my encoder and decoder cards. they have vanished. I got to go buy and old a$$ ethernet pci slot just to get internet now, when I alredy have one on the mobo.

Can I get some support for networking please?

Defendant - Tyler(He's being charge) You'll have to get with your clients if you want to defend them.
Plaintiff- Delldude and EricB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom