No Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crap6892

In Runtime
My friend and i today lanned on ut 2004. While we were playing i got a warning cuz my cpu temp hit over 60 so i closed the game and so did he. His computer froze so he shut it down. It froze after exiting ut. When we went to power it back on there was no video! We tried putting i different video card in and trying a different moniter. Please help!

Doesn't sound good....Why the high core temp on the cpu? Your mobo may have taken a dumb. Does the video card work in another puter. I'd swap it out in a puter you know has + video. If the card is good you may be investing in a new mobo and cpu...ouch!

My cpu temp was high...he loads at about 48ish. Ill try putting it in anouther computer... Hopefullly the agp slot isnt messed up

He just called me and i guess his mobo power led isnt even going on. But his cd drive still eject. Im going to check his power cables, Could this be his psu?

could be alot of stuff.....but you said, originally, that you shut this system down because of high cpu temp. Is it an intel or amd cpu and what type. 60 degrees c may not be all that high for a scoket a amd cpu if that's what you have. The cpu could have heated up if the psu voltage was taking a dumb. switch out power supplies on the system and wee what happens. It's an amd64 what?

i shut down MY system because of high temp not his. His is the system with a problem and he has a amd moble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom