Set Me Up With skt. 939!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
ok guys -

I am wanting a good, sturdy socket 939 setup that will outperform my 2.2GHz Athlon XP. My athlon XP is fast but bottlenecks my DDR and cannot multitask like my old P4.

I am looking at the Venice 3200+ and am wanting to clock it to 3500+ speeds

I am also looking for a good overclocking motherboard that supports AGP for under $90 (I want to be able to adjust voltages, fsb etc..)

Last i need a good copper heatsink for under $30

If anyone knows of any DDR that will hit 220mhz+ and costs less than $100 for 1Gb, LET ME KNOW!

Thanks GUYS!

Dude, if you want to overclock, dont cheap out. Save up the money, get a nice DFI Lanparty board, a real good cooling (Either the Zalman 7700CU, the ASUS Star Ice, or get a water cooling setup) but you will be kicking yourself if you buy cheap parts. I learned this the hard way, trust me, if you cant afford it, saver until you can. Dont cheap out on what you want.

i think that abit and msi are both great quality motherboards.

And i dont want a complicated watercooling system

Is that MSI board better than the Abit AV8 Trifid?

I don't like my ABit AV8 3rd eye motherboard. And I got good reason too. My first BIOS gave a dodgy temperature reading (12*C at idle) and now it can't overclock at all with the PCI lock on. With out PCI lock, my HDD becomes corrupt (becuase of how SATA is link to the CPU bus speed or something like that.

So yes, that MSI Neo board is alot better, and is meant to be a good overclcoker, only beaten by the DFI Nforce3 board.

yea I prefer the msi boards. Ive always used them. Also I have the Venice 3200 on a MSI NEO-4 Platinum board. They work great, I havent oc'ed it yet but I know it can handle 3500+ speeds.

MSI NEO2 all the way or wait for the new NF3 DFI 939 Board.. (yes it's only been realases a while ago ...lol)

Btw, don't get that ram. It only responds to high voltages. The ocz premier will do 240FSB at 2.5/3/3/6 1T and only requires 2.9 volts. Thats pretty decent. Also, get a 3000+ and overclock it using the ram divider. Sure, it will set you back 3-4 fps on games, but don you really want to spend 50 bucks on 3-4 fps?

Edit:premier costs 45 bucks for 1 stick of 512.

give me a link to that EXACT premier ram please. it is only $106 for a dual channel set of the other stuff though

how high of vdimm voltage does that msi have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom