Err 5: Error finding VFLOPPY.SYS and installing windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
hi, recently i try to restore my com to the original state using the quick format cds and now whenever i boot the com,

Err 5: Error finding VFLOPPY.SYS
Err 8: Fake Floppy drive not found

these two errors... can anyone help me? and how do i reformat the com and install the windows xp? i think my com is really messed up and i couldn't trust the quick restore anymore so hope that someone can help me out... Thanz alot in advance..

Make sure it's not compressed. If you can still get into the system (safe mode or whatever) goto the File\PowerQuest\DriveImage 2002\Programs look for VFD files. The files will be in blue. If so, choose all of the blue files, right click, properties, advanced, and remove "compress contents to save space" or something like that and click okay and wait for files to decompress then remake another image to remove the superflous files of the first image automatically.

Thanz alot for both the replies... i think i'm going to reformat the com now since it's really messed up... but i've only the quickrestore cds, any other way i can format the drives and install window xp?? Thanz alot in advance..

External floppy drive. It should overwrite your existing install with the restore cd or atleast give you that option.

Thanz alot.. i've reformatted and i tink everything should be ok now.. Thanz alot for all the helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom