***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I seem to be the only geek still messing with this :D

Oh, well, here we go. Bumped it up to 4.0Ghz. Keep in mind this is on stock cooling. I really need to do something about that, but have had a tough time deciding!

Come on, I want to see some of the regular TF'rs competing here. You don't want to get beat by an Intel :p

BTW, I have a serious mental disorder.... :mad:

Well I've been fiddling with mine and currently it's priming at 2.5GHz which has yielded 35.013 seconds....I haven't posted it yet because I hadn't felt I was done OC'ing for the day :p But I may have to stop at 2.5GHz until a new BIOS revision comes out for this board because I don't know the true voltage or temps lol...voltage is either 1.55 or 1.75 :p temp is anywhere from 28C to 45C haha

That's a nice OC you got goin there though Idiotec...from your last post it seems like you gained nearly 2 seconds just with a 100MHz extra OC....I think I get like .7s per 50MHz OC

from your last post it seems like you gained nearly 2 seconds just with a 100MHz extra OC
Thanks...

I have found that I get some sort of slow down past 4.0Ghz. I am guessing it is some sort of thermal slow down, but my temps don't read above 63c, which I know is hot, but shouldn't cause thermal slow down IMO, for a Prescott anyways.

I am starting to wonder if my temp readings are wrong :eek:

I really need to get some sort of cooling going. I am not gonna go too extreme on this one, so I am still thinging the Tower 112.

BTW, this is also valueram running at about a 50mhz OC or roughly DDR2-630 :p

Well I've noticed my SuperPI times would increase when more voltage was applied to my clock (only when needed...I've been OC'ing and immediately running SuperPI so these are untested OCs...once I find it doesn't pass prime95 then I add more voltage because it needs it and superPI times increase) obviously it's just because the increased voltage allows it to work properly.

I just SuperPI'd at 2.55GHz and it score 34.051 seconds, so that's basically a 1second increase from 2.5GHz....however it failed prime95 almost immediately :p so I need to add a bit more juice.

Well I've noticed my SuperPI times would increase when more voltage was applied to my clock
EXACTLY!!!!! That is what was happening to me. My best times were at vcore that was barely stable. For some reason my times got worse when I added more vcore. :amazed:

Whoops I realize I worded that wrong....I meant my SuperPI times got better as in the times were actually quicker once more voltage was applied and it could run smoothly :p although this last test disproves that lol....prime95 failed within 30 seconds and it ran 34.018 and I added more voltage and it ran 34.178 or something like that :p but we're talking some small ass numbers so that can simply be margine of error

Nubius said:
Whoops I realize I worded that wrong....I meant my SuperPI times got better as in the times were actually quicker once more voltage was applied and it could run smoothly :p although this last test disproves that lol....prime95 failed within 30 seconds and it ran 34.018 and I added more voltage and it ran 34.178 or something like that :p but we're talking some small ass numbers so that can simply be margine of error
LOL, so I am on my own with my voltage probems. :p I actually think it does just relate to temp problems for me. More vcore equals higher temps...

Consider my time maxed until I get some cooling :D

Well my voltage is either 1.67 right now or 1.9v lol....huge gap I know, but like I said this DFI board is in dire need of a new BIOS....I'm not sure if the voltage reading is off so it shows 1.67 when its really 1.9 or if the voltage is reading accurate and the BIOS is whack so even if its set to 1.9 it's only giving 1.67 :p

That and I have no clue what my temps are like I said.....first time I booted it up it was showing 70C....now it bounces between temps in the 20's 30's and 40's within 1 seconds time lol

i cant be bothered taking a screenshot but i got 1m 00.922sec on a Athlon XP 2200+.

I got a better score when i changed the priority of super pi to realtime, it took around 5 seconds of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom