ati radeon 9200se probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalraj

Beta member
Hi,

I was watching a Movie and My monitor went blank, and the light went from green to brown. I resterted, and I could see the bootup menu etc, and even the windows loading screen. but after that it just went blank again, and thebrown light on the monitor came on.

I tried to reinstall Xp, coz i couldnt get into XP realy to reinstall drivers.during reinstallation too, it kepts koing blank halfway thru the process. finally I took off my Video card, and connected my monitor to the onboard grafix adapter. And then had to reinstall Xp. XP started working
So i plugged back the Video card in and put the monitor back to the videocard output. Now, it went as ahead as shwoing me the desktop and the start menu. So i figured it was fine. My computer also detected the new VGA. I installed the aTI catalyst s/w. And when i restarted, it again stopped right at the Xp boot screen! can some one tell me if my video card went bad or its just some driver problem? It was working fine mind you. Its a128 MB card.

Sound's like it burnt out on ya,My 9200se did the same thing i tried it in 2 different system's and it wouldn't work,You can alway's try different driver's but i think it's shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom