Is this the computer for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to do extreme multitasking, then get the pentium 4 dual core EE. By extreme, I mean like encoding a movie, Playing Doom 3 on max, Having a Farcry demo running in the background, and Compressing your hard drive at the same time.. The Pentium 4 EE will def beat the x2 if you are planning on multitasking like that. But the x2 will beat the p4eedual core with general multitasking and gaming performance.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Those prices are way off... Not USD, that's for sure..

No there not. if you go through Dell for the dell that is the prices, and if you go through Alienware for AMD thos are the prices. And yes USD.

Hacp said:
If you want to do extreme multitasking, then get the pentium 4 dual core EE. By extreme, I mean like encoding a movie, Playing Doom 3 on max, Having a Farcry demo running in the background, and Compressing your hard drive at the same time.. The Pentium 4 EE will def beat the x2 if you are planning on multitasking like that. But the x2 will beat the p4eedual core with general multitasking and gaming performance.

p4 EE wont be able to handle all that much more than an X2

I mean, slow CPU's with hyperthreading (4 processors) compared to AMD's true 2 core.

And the Pentium 4's are much slower due to their slow running speed's (clockspeed)

P4 EE will be able to handle that better than the x2s def. 3.2 ghz is def not slow, and with 2 cores and 2 more virtual cores, it will be able to do it better than the x2 because all the activies i mentioned were very intensive on the cpu. While the p4 EE will lose to the x2s on fps in the games, it will complete the encoding and compression faster.

Alexqd3 said:
No there not. if you go through Dell for the dell that is the prices, and if you go through Alienware for AMD thos are the prices. And yes USD.

I wouldnt order from Alienware, they will overcharge to the nth degree. www.monarchcomputer.com is a MUCH better choice, that is, if u dont want to build urself

Check out overdrivepc.com for a radical system.

Their Torque.SLI took the top prize in Computer Shopper's article "Bouble-Barrel Gamers". You choose all the options you want to go in, just like the other guys.

They even have the FX-57 listed as an option!

To the two posts above great post but they are way more expensive than alienware. alienware give you fx-55 for only $350
those site give it for $800+

Alexqd3 said:
To the two posts above great post but they are way more expensive than alienware. alienware give you fx-55 for only $350
those site give it for $800+

ok, if you get me the the FX-55 for 350, i'll give you 400 for it and you can keep the 50 dollars? deal? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom