Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
I upgraded my work PC to:

2x PIII (coppermine) 700/100/256
832MB PC133 RAM
Asus CUR-DLS motherboard

I am looking to overclock and was curious if there was an asus tool to do this in windows. There is no option to do this in the bios. Any help is appreciated.

You should OC those to the max, unless you wanted to keep them for some strange reason. I want some old computers to just jack up with OC'ing.

Shawn - the best and easiest way to overclock is through your BIOS. BTW- Is it a Dell made system? If it is you cannot O.C. (it won't allow you)

No, its not dell. My job doesnt want to buy new machines, so i look around and find the best of the crap thats here and I put it together for a machine. I found this motherboard lying around so I pulled chips from 2 other machines and put something slower in them and used it for me. I currently have 1 PIII 733/133 and i am waiting to come across another and i will "upgrade" to that. The bios in this motherboard does not give me the option to overclock so I wanted to do it through windows. I dont care if it blows up. Got me?

Blow the $hit Outta it!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!! Have fun!!! I wish i had a machine i could just fool around with and not care if the thing catches on fire,lol.

There isnt going to be an option that says "Overclock". Find the option that says FSB, and up that little by little. Youa re also in the wrong topic, there is an overclocking topic. Go int here and read the basics. You are also going to have to mess with the RAM, which is a project in itself. Also, you have to have adequate cooling. When you overclock, the temps raise, so you gotta cool the shit out of those. I really am not sure of the Ocing potential of a P3, so I'm not going to tell you if it will do that or not. We will wait for Nubius on that one ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom