FX-55 or a Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
I wanna build a second gaming machine and im not sure if I should go with fx-55 or some dual core processor. Price does not matter.

Video card is gona be the new ATI.
2 Gigs of RAM.
not sure about mobo.
16K rpm hard drives.
probably dual 22" LCDs.

For gaming, FX-55. Games are not designed to take advantage of two processor cores yet.

If price really isn't a limit I'd suggest the X2 4800+, simply because it excels better in overall performance than the FX-55. Also, games will start to show up with multiple threads and the multicore processors will start to shine and leave the FX series in the dust altogether.

Looking at the market here and now however, the FX-55 is the sheer gaming monster.

X2 obviously. Games depend more on the GPU than the processor, and the athlon 64 line already performs top notch on games. The fx-55 will probably only get you like a 10% increase in frames, while the x2 will make everything run faster and better, including multitasking which I know alot of people do, even whey they play games.

Even Tom's Hardware Guide reccomends AMD dual cores over Intel dual cores. We all know how biased THG can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom